Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Long Rides Accomplished


After my windy and gritty ride of Thursday I took Friday off to give my legs a rest and hit the roads hard and fast on Saturday. The weather was perfect and I found myself out in the west end riding a couple of "less traveled" country roads. I road for 70 miles at an average speed of 15.4 miles per hour. Yes it was a very good day indeed.


On one of my "pit" stops I even ran into a friend and supporter of my ride...Bryan it was great to talk with you!

Sunday was an easy day of riding, out again in the west end for 46 miles. Thanks Bob for the company! It was another beautiful day for riding. While I was out training, Don was out walking the puppies, thank you so much for that!!! :)

For the week I road a total of 246 miles. All the miles were outside except for the 23 I road on my wind trainer on Thursday. I have reached the highest mileage on my training schedule and will now begin to taper off on the miles I ride until I leave. I can honestly say I am beginning to see the light at the end of the "road" and I'm ready to ride on some new roads and see new sights!




No comments:

Post a Comment