Thursday, April 22, 2010

If it's Thursday it must be "hill day"


I took Wednesday as a rest day, man o' man did I feel that 5 mile ride up my "imaginary" hills during my Monday workout.
The picture to the left is of a hill in Ireland that we were in the process of riding up, when "someone" got a bright idea that we should stop and take a picture of what we had just ridden up, unfortunately once we stopped we could not get going again and ended up walking the rest of the way up the hill. Lesson learned, never stop in the middle of riding up a hill....Don!

So today I was raring to go and started by riding 16 miles at a moderate pace, about 15.5 and then cranked the tension down to 5 and rode for another 5 "hilly" miles. That was a great workout. I made sure to drink my tomato juice and had some of my "electrolyte" jelly bellies to help with my recovery. I'll be able to tell if it worked tomorrow morning.To bad they don't make dark chocolate peanut M&M electrolytes, cause if they did I would be in bigggggg trouble!

I'm really missing my bike with these nice days and wish I could be outside riding, but I had to ship it off yesterday. My journey is close at hand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment