Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rest Day


Woohoo, a rest day from riding. I did ride a short 13 miles last night on my wind trainer but again it was a fast ride so those type of rides take a lot out of your legs...well at least they do my legs! Bring on the compression socks!!


The rest of my training I'll work on improving my ability to climb. I'll do this by increasing the tension on my wind trainer and work on maintaining a smooth peddling cadence at a level of 6 to 10 miles per hour for at least 10 miles. My goal is to build up my leg strength so that I will be able to ride up the 5 to 7 mile long mountain passes that I know are located in Arizona and New Mexico, this is the portion of the ride that goes through the Rockies.


Today I will be working in the yard and around the house to get some of those items off of my "To Do" list. As long as that list gets shorter and not longer I'm a happy camper. So I'm off to the next item on my list.


Enjoy the sunshine and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment