Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Being able to shift smoothly....priceless!


Today once again we were concerned with the weather as it had been reported we would have isolated thunderstorms. I took this picture of the dark clouds just outside of our hotel. Once again we were so lucky that the clouds moved out quickly, that was the good news. The bad news was that they moved out quickly because of the strong winds.

Yes another day of very strong head winds and on a day where we had to ride 108 miles it made for an extremely long day of riding and the average speeds went out the window!!! Add on top of that that my derailleur was not working right due to my chain wearing out it was a long, hard day for sure!!

During our first sag stop at White City I saw this memorial to all the branches of the Military and our fallen heroes. For such a small city they certainly did it right to honor their fallen heroes!
At the end of the day, I knew that something had to be done about fixing my derailleur. Little did I know that my chain needed to be replaced because I had worn it out. Wow, 1,700 miles so far on this trip and all my training for the last year and a half; guess it all adds up. So I had my chain replaced....priceless!
The "Snake Report" today has two very large smooched snake sightings. One was a black snake and I want to thank Bill for the shout out to warn me!! The other I saw when I pulled out of the second sag stop and screamed "Snake" to no one in particular, just made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment