Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What a great day to be cycling

Ready to hit the roads. Another day on the road and a beautiful day to ride from Niles, OH. to Erie, PA. So much to write about, it was a full day of cycling and lots of sights to see.

The first was a sign I saw in the front yard of a house as we were leaving Niles. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's why I'm riding 3,415 miles across the country, to support our heroes!


On our way to our first sag we saw a telephone pole that had been knocked down by a very wide tractor, at least I think that's what it was so we had to walk our bikes behind the houses and trailer on the side of the road as there were live wires laying on the road. No fried cyclists today! We want to stay grounded for sure!!!
The roads started out great as we once again cycled through the countryside of Ohio. As we cycled on we came across a sign that read "Covered Bridge Tour" and the next thing we knew there was on of the bridges, the Root Road Bridge.


Our second sag stop was at the White Turkey Rootbeer Stand. What a great place to stop and get a turkey sandwich and something to drink. It's very retro and the sandwich delicious!

After the Rootbeer Stand we headed out to our next state line, PA. We crossed over into PA. and headed to Erie where we took a slight detour to see Lake Erie.
We cycled around the lake for a bit and then headed to the beach to take some pictures. This is my first time seeing one of the Great Lakes and as you can see I may just take a dip...or not, it looked to cold for me! See I told you our ride today was full of fun and lots of new sights. The ride was 89 miles and took me 6 hours and 20 minutes at a speed of 14.8. Guess when you are having as much fun as we did today, you slow down to enjoy yourself!
The "Snake Report" only has one very smooched black snake to report. I think the truck that hit the snake was actually aiming for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment