Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crazy cyclists riding through

Today was an interesting day for us. We were told on Tuesday's route rap to decorate our helmets for today's ride. Everyone rose to the occasion there were some really funny helmets, can you say "Land Shark and Crazy Hair". Believe it or not, most of us rode all day with our decorated helmets. Needless to say we got a lot of stares and even some comments as we cycled by.

We had some great roads today no bump, bump, bump down the road and no rain! It was a sunny day with minimal wind. It was so nice as well as unusual, not to be effected by the wind when we ride and even better yet, no hills....whoopee! No rain, no bumps, no hills and minimal winds, boy it doesn't take much to make me happy!

There was something else that made me extremely happy over my rest day in Champaign...that was the surprise visit from my husband Don! You could have picked me up off the floor when I saw him walking up to me in the hotel lobby, I never expected him to come visit for one of our 36 hour rest days!!!
We also hit another state line, Indiana and saw a great sign when we went through Hillsboro, IN. It read "The home of 600 happy people and a few old soreheads." We couldn't find anyone to ask who the soreheads were. The ride was 79 miles today to Crawfordsville, IN. which I rode in 5 hours 17 minutes at an average speed of 15.5 mph. A great ride after a great rest day!!!
It's time once again for the "Snake Report", yes just when I think there are no more snakes to be seen, I get an up close and personal sighting that makes me want to scream and run for the hills. But this time it wasn't on the road, it wasn't even smooched, it was aliveeeeeeeeeeeeee and sitting on top of my helmet! Yes, that was my helmet decoration, a little sick but it kept the rest of the live snakes away all day! Think they call that "being demented"or predictable.

Also wanted to welcome my sister Kathy who joined the ride today. She will be riding with us to Boston and baring any further problems with her saddle should have a great ride.








1 comment:

  1. Did you see that plump snack on the way out of town on Tuesday? (I know a long time ago) It was close to the white line. A yellow one.

    ReplyDelete