Sunday, May 23, 2010

Are we done climbing yet?????


We left Santa Fe this morning, so sad to be leaving, I really enjoy spending time and money there, ha, ha!

What a beautiful morning to be riding out of Santa Fe and on to Las Vegas....New Mexico that is. Again the morning began with hills and climbing. We even rode for 5 miles on I-25 this morning. This was the last time we will ride on the interstate. We spent the rest of the day riding on country rodes and at one point, watching for dogs that love to chase cyclists. But I have to tell you the dogs I saw wouldn't even chase their own shadow!
The sag stop today was at the El Alto Bar, a local watering hole located off Route 34. As we left the sag stop the route map said "climb to hotel". To be exact, that was 32 miles of climbing to the hotel. But the silver lining was that there was a Dairy Queen just one mile from the hotel.
I rode 73 miles today in 5 hours at an average of 14.7 mph. With the hills and climbing I am very happy with those results!
Now for the daily "snake report"...Bob I saw another smooched diamondback rattlesnake and have "unofficial" snake sightings by other riders. I also rode by a smooched skunk, never saw it, just smelled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment