Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ride like the wind or how to beat the rain


This morning we all were in a hurry to get out of Great Bend and on the road to McPherson, to beat the possibility of riding in the rain. The weather report for today was not in our favor so we all left as quickly as we could. It wasn't until the sag stop in Workman Park at mile 31.4 that we saw the sun.

We also had cross winds in the morning which made riding a bit slow, but in the afternoon they were more in our favor. As a result I didn't stop to take many pictures, except at the sag stop and then at the end of the ride today. I'm wearing my lucky "Biker Chick" jersey.
The ride today was 63.38 miles and I finished it in 4 hours and 4 minutes at an average speed of 15.7. The total miles I've ridden are 1,539, also most time to change out my tires for new ones!! Speaking of tires, I was checking mine this morning before leaving and found a very small wire stuck in my back tire. Thank goodness I found that little piece of wire because it would have meant a flat back tire about 5 miles down the road. A crummy way to begin your day for sure!!!
The "Snake Report" is light today, I only saw one smooched snake. Even the snakes seem to be on vacation from "smoochville".

No comments:

Post a Comment