Thursday, May 6, 2010

From El Segundo to Manhattan Beach

It was a busy day today. I met some of the other cyclists who will be riding cross country and my bike was assembled, thank you very much Rick! I'm looking forward to taking a test ride tomorrow.

The highlight of my day was being given a "personal" tour of Manhattan Beach from my old friend Jay Shaw. We began our tour by walking through the mulch patch path which took us straight into the center of Manhattan Beach. It was a beautiful beach with lots of Volleyball nets set up for play. We saw some surfers riding the waves, runners on the beach and local cyclists resting up at Starbucks or were they getting their caffeine fix in order to ride the hills that lead up from the beach.

These are the very same hills we will be riding on Sunday. I got a good look at what awaits us on Sunday morning when we head out, those two tiers of hills look kind of steep. The hills are alive and living in Manhattan Beach! Craig, Catherine and Kevin you were so right about it being hilly. Hilly but doable for sure! Can you tell I'm ready to hit the road and start cycling!!!

After a great lunch at The Kettle we walked back to into El Segundo to a mall and had the best cupcakes I've ever tasted. I would never had found that place with out my trusty guide Jay, thank you so much!

So now the clock on the wall says it's time to call it a day. Here's to another fun day in the sun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment