Friday, May 28, 2010

Say good-bye to Liberal Kansas and the "yellow brick road" and say hello to a great shoulder for riding and fantastic weather. It was nice to ride with Bill and Craig this morning, but for Pete sake, guys let's watch out for those snakes. Forget the glass and point out the snakes, thank you very much!!!!

I rate the shoulders today as 9.5, they were well maintained, very little debris and smooth. Even the wind wasn't that bad. Thank you to the Wind Gods!

Our only sag today was in Meade, KS. You probably don't know what's so special about the town, well let me tell you, the Dalton Gang's Hideout is located in Meade. What a cute little house and tunnel! The tunnel connects two houses and would give the Dalton Gang a jump on the police to get away...even if it was only from the house next door.
The last 20 miles of the ride today into Dodge City were a cyclist's dream. The winds were at our back, the shoulder was smooth without debris and it felt like we were riding down hill. I rode the 83.54 miles today in 4 hours and 47 minutes at a speed of 17.4 mph. A fantastic day of riding, in fact I had so much fun, I'm gonna do it all over again tomorrow riding to Great Bend, KS.
Now for the "Snake Report", it was an interesting day of snake sightings...just outside of Liberal, KS. there was a newly semi-smooched snake, can you say SCARY. You never know whether they are truly smooched and dead....wide berth, wide berth!!!! Then I also saw an Armadillo on the side of the road. Hey I thought that I was in Kansas, not Texas...when did Armadillo's migrate to Kansas?

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady
    Dale and I had dinner the other night and he send's his regards.
    It looks like your holding up well, you are in my thoughts.
    Hang in there
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kansas is the only place I've ever seen an armadillo. Can't believe you are half way across the US. Happy Memorial Day.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete