Wednesday, May 12, 2010

From California to Arizona


We crossed our first state line today. In addition to that it was our first back to back Century days. Today was actually a Century Plus day, 115 miles. I road that in 7 hours 34 minutes at an average speed of 15.3.
We entered Arizona on Highway 10 then turned on to Route 60 which was a pretty good road for the first 20 miles, then the shoulders got rather rough. We rode through a town called Hope and I thought wouldn't it be nice if we could just "hope" for better roads and it happen. Well let me tell you just when we were "beyond Hope" the shoulders smoothed out, it was amazing! Seriously, there is a sign leaving town saying "you Are Now Beyond Hope"!
We spent a lot of the day climbing, 7 mile hill here, 11 mile hill here but riding into Wickenburg was all down hill which was greatly appreciated those 15 miles.
By the way Bob, I forgot to tell you that on day 2 I saw 4 smooched snakes and I saw another one today. Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you! Ha, Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment