Monday, May 17, 2010

Windy........


Today was a long and windy day, or I should say a very extremely windy day! 94 miles riding in the cross winds, forget about the average miles per hour....but just in case you were wondering, it was 14.9.

We also experienced some pretty bad shoulders to ride on, full of gravel, holes and tire debris. At last count there were 17 flat tires today. I say thanks and bless you to the Tire and Tube Gods that I was not one of those 17. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

On our way to Holbrook, we rode through Winslow AZ and "Stood on the corner of Winslow Arizona.......just me and the Eagles baby.

We stopped at the Jack Rabbit for one of our last sag stop and got to have our picture on "Mr. Rabbit", can you say Yahoo boys and girls!! Makes you feel like a kid again.
6 hours and 21 minutes after beginning my ride, I finally pulled into the hotel. Can you say "wind blown and gritty" boys and girls!
Sorry Bob no snake sitings again today, I just don't think they like living close to the Highway. Too noisy.

So now I must get ready for our ride tomorrow. I've heard it windier, has hills and we ride for 88 miles. Can you say OMG boys and girls!












No comments:

Post a Comment