Monday, May 31, 2010

Riding for 9 days to get to our rest day!!!


We headed out to Abilene today with all the appropriate attire and accessories. Check out my USA flag on my bike under my orange CrossRoads flag, all for Memorial Day to remember our war heroes.

Surprise, surprise, it was another windy day....yep we're still in Kansas. The first 30 miles was all about head winds. Somewhere in the first 5 miles of our ride, I also lost the top to my Camel Back water tube and all my water spilled out all over me. I'm back to drinking out of my water bottles until I get to Abilene.
The last thirty miles we rode north on Route 15 and still had winds, but this time they were crosswinds. Not much to see on our ride today, just typical farm country with corn, cows and horses.

I rode 65.7 miles in 4 hours and 4 minutes at an average speed of 14.8. Today was also our 9th straight day of riding. Needless to say it's been a long 9 days. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day!

There's lots to see tomorrow since Abilene is where Dwight D. Eisenhower's Library and Museum is located here. I'll also be visiting the Post Office since my bags are getting a bit over the 15 pound limit.
The "Snake Report" in a bit low today, I only saw one smooched snake, but lots of cows and horses grazing in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment