Thursday, May 13, 2010

False Flats and Mountains



Today was an extremely challenging day despite the fact it was a short day of riding, 59 miles.

We took Route 89N to Prescott climbing two mountains. The first mountain began with what are called "false flats". That means the road that you're riding on looks flat but actually has a small incline.

Once we rode this, we began a 7.3 miles up the mountain to Yarnell Pass. One false flat and mountain climb down, one more to do. That 5.7 climb was from Skull Valley/Kirkland Jct. to Prescott and at the top reached an elevation of 6,100 feet. My time today was 5 hours 41 minutes at an average speed of 10.6 mph.

I did have help riding today, I worn by Cadillac jersey which I know kept me going up the mountains! Thank you again Art for the great jersey!!!
I have another snake update, Bob not only did I see about 5 "smooched" snakes, I actually ran over one that was crawling across the white shoulder line that I happen to be riding on. I never saw the black and white ringed snake until my front tire rolled over it. Make that 6 smooched snakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment