Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fun in the Sun

It's my last day before beginning my ride so I had lunch with a dear friend, Craig, from WCS. We drove down to Hermosa Beach...I know you told me where we were headed Craig, but with all the talking we were doing I didn't pay attention, I think that's what you said. Promise I'll pay closer attention next time!

We walked down to the pier, watched a few volleyball games and then had lunch at a restaurant, Molly's Pub, close to the beach. It was great getting caught up, thanks again Craig for lunch and driving up to El Segundo, Geri you were missed!

In the afternoon, we had our CrossRoads Orientation meeting. It was nice to finally meet Tracy, Tom, Rick, Pat and Mack in person as well as be introduced to the other cyclist. It's an international group with one Canadian, four Brits and the rest of us are from the four corners of America. The reality that I will be cycling across country is beginning to sink in and I'm hearing a little voice in my head asking "What did you get yourself into girl?" I'm excited, a bit scared but mostly I'm ready to GO!!

Tomorrow we'll head down to Manhattan Beach where we'll take a group picture, put our back wheels in the Pacific and then head off to Boston. Our first day will be 78 miles........ so let the wild rumpus begin!

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I am so going to beat Craig Taylor to a pulp. I would have come up from San Diego today if I had known. Where do you think you will end up on Sunday ?

    619-665-5707

    Michael Jordan
    WSC 70-75

    ReplyDelete