Friday, May 14, 2010

Climb Chris Climb


Today was another short mileage day, 44 miles, but it certainly wasn't easy. We had one more "false flat" where Jeff, Sandy and I encountered a swarm of bees flying over our heads, we pedaled as fast as we could to get out of there, Jeff won that race!! No one was stung and then we began our 10 mile climb up Mingus Mountain. At the top awaiting us an elevation of 7,023 feet. Not as high as you'll be climbing Tim when you do Ride the Rockies this year, but that elevation works for me!

I had a very controlled descent, stopping a couple of times to take pictures, ...or at least that's my story and I'm sticking with it!!! The road you see in the picture was part of our descent. Can't see it get out your magnifying glass. When we rolled into Jerome we stopped for lunch and even had time for a little shopping.

My ride time today was 3 1/2 hours at an average speed of 12.9 mph, I'm happy with that especially with the hills we covered. Bob the snake count for today is one more smooched snake. Guess they must have heard I was coming and they stayed off the roads.

3 comments:

  1. The XC09 group is now following your blog. Larry just circulated your URL. Stay safe, take lots of pictures, and share all the details of your adventure!

    Jim XC09

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all the snakes stay away while I am there. Never saw one last year and I would like to keep it that way! See you in ABQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey
    Annye and I just saying hello. We are proud of you here in VA!

    ReplyDelete