Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rolling Down I-10

Today we spent the day riding the shoulder of I-10, another crazy day for miles 100.5 and average speed 16.8. We began by climbing for 12 miles, don't think we're in Virginia anymore!! Now that voice in my head is screaming at me about something...I was so busy peddling that I couldn't understand what she was saying! Then after a sag stop we climbed 11 more miles but not as steep. Now I know we're really not in Virginia anymore!

It's crazy riding on the shoulders of the highway and looking for the perfect conditions, a tail wind which sometimes happened and the other time it's a head wind. We passed by the exit for the Twentynine Palms, salute to the Marines, Semper Fi!!!

The rest of our ride was windy and hot, but not unbearable. I rolled into Blyth about 2:30, that was a great time for me. Thanks to the Tire and Tube "Gods" no flats which is amazing considering all the thrown tires from trucks. To help with recovery, I used the whirlpool and drank chocolate milk. The whirlpool was delightful!

Tomorrow is another long day, 115 miles and hopefully not to hot. Time to get some sleep and finish my recovery!!!

1 comment:

  1. Chris,everyone on 8th Fairway Lane is following your blog with great interest. What an exciting undertaking !!!....Tom Wiley

    ReplyDelete