Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Clear the shoulders we're rolling through

What a great day of cycling!!! The winds were finally in our favor and made the ride so enjoyable! I also would give the shoulders an 8.5 out of 10, best I've ridden on yet and the number of flat tires was significantly lower today. As we rode along I-40, I saw this sign about entering the Navajo Nation. Home of the Wind Talkers of WWII in the Pacific. Sempre Fi!

I have been hydrating so well that I had the opportunity today to visit a number of the local Indian Jewelry stores along I-40 and it wasn't so I could go shopping. Instead of the 87 mile ride today, I did an extra 3 miles because of these detours. Despite the detours I rode 90 miles in 5 hours and my average speed......an amazing 18 mph! Thank you to the Gods of Winds and smooth Shoulders.

We also saw some beautiful scenery. The Window Mountains were located just 10-15 miles before the New Mexico state line. The colors of the rocks were amazing! Then we entered into our third state, New Mexico! We were burning up the roads today.

Bob no snakes again today, I thought I saw one but when I got closer it turned out to be a smooched bungee cord, oh will. So the count stands at 7 smooched snakes, one smooched skunk and one smooched bungee cord. Keep the faith, tomorrow is another day. I know they're out there somewhere!

1 comment: