Thursday, May 20, 2010

Burr It's Cold Outside, Are They Calling For Snow???

Where are my long johns, it's 35 degrees outside, burrrrr! And no Michel, I'm not expecting snow!! Of course after 5 miles of riding off come the leggings and my full fingered gloves. Yes I am a wimp!

Our day of riding took us back on Route 66 for the first part of the morning where we saw some beautiful rock formations, I don't think my pictures do them justice. It was nice to be able to ride on the road today instead of the shoulder of a highway. But then again the day wouldn't be complete without riding on the shoulder of Route 40. So after our first sag out we went to ride the shoulder and today's shoulders were pretty good, I would rate then a 9. we were also treated to some beautiful red rock formations.
The ride today was 75 miles but I had a few more added because of my miss direction, yep, took a wrong turn. Oh well I wasn't lost , just exploring. My average speed was 16.8mph. I'm very happy with that and 4hours and 45 minutes.
Bob, big snake sighting today, think it was a smooched rattlesnake. Biggest snake sighting to date!! Also saw a slow coyote along side the road, poor guy.
One more thing, just want to wish Jan a very Happy Birthday! You go girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment