Saturday, May 15, 2010

Through the "Vortex" and on to Flagstaff







Yes, I am writing this before all my East Coast family and friends go to bed, it was another short day to ride 46 miles, plus no pictures of me because of the beautiful landscape of Sedona, need I say more. I just hope the pictures I did take do justice to this amazing place!

The route went straight through Sedona right by the Pink Jeep Tour Office, up Oak Creek Canyon then up to the Coconino National Forest and into Flagstaff. The Coconino National Forest had some incredible views too!

Sorry Bob no snake sightings today. If they were smooched on the road, I missed them as I took in all the beautiful scenery. I did see a smooched skunk, does that count?

Tomorrow is a rest day, one well deserved as we have ridden over 500 miles during our first week and climbed to many hills and mountains and ridden through about 100 stop lights since leaving Manhattan Beach last Sunday May 9th.






3 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog. Thanks for the post before bed time. Enjoy your much needed rest day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ira from XC09

    Your blog brings back great memories of our ride last year. Say Hello to Darrell who will join you in Flagstaff.

    On your day off, eat lunch at the Beaver Street Brewery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, forget the miles, forget the hills, it's those d*mned stoplights that kill you. Enjoy today, for tomorrow you ride...again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete