Friday, May 7, 2010

Re-united And Feel So Good....


Today was my first day to ride my bike since shipping it to California. It was a short 10 and a half mile warm up ride out to Manhattan Beach and back with my fellow cyclist Jan Lewis. We checked out the pier where we'll begin our ride on Sunday then tackled the two block steep hill back up. Piece of cake or I should say for Jay's benefit, piece of "cupcake".
Thanks Jan for going with me and trying to locate the bike shop, to bad it wasn't where it was suppose to be and sorry to Doug S and Jon for sending them on a wild goose chase. But if anyone would like an electric bike, Jan and I know where you can purchase one!

Then this afternoon I was on laundry duty. So much fun, at least I had the use of a washing machine and dryer! After today it may be the old fashion way, by hand.
Tonight it's Mexican for dinner and we all know how much I love Mexican!!!! Thanks for going with me Jan and so glad to hear you like Mexican food too. I enjoyed dinner as we talked about why we had decided to take on the challenge of cycling across the country...could it be we're both crazy?? That would explain a lot!
Hope everyone has a great weekend and all you "Mothers" have a great Mother's Day!


1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you and your desire to have a goal of riding a bike across America. Not many folks can actually accomplish a "bucket list" item of this magnitude. Be safe! Your boys...Gunnison and Cougar wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Don

    ReplyDelete